How to post a newsletter
This page describes how to post the monthly newsletter. More detailed instructions on posting in general may be found at How to Write a Post.
The following description assumes that the newsletter is for November, 2017. Adjust the month and year as appropriate.
After the .pdf file for the newsletter is prepared and named “November-2017 Newsletter.pdf”:
- Login to https://cvuuf.org/wp-admin
- Navigate to either:
New -> Post, or
Posts -> Add New
- Select Category ‘newsletter’ under Categories on the right sidebar
- Enter title here: November 2017 Newsletter
- Make sure the ‘Text’ tab (NOT the ‘Visual’ tab) is selected in the editor window and paste the following into the window:
<iframe style="width: 100%; height: 800px;" src="https://docs.google.com/gview?url=REPLACEME&embedded=true" width="300" height="150" frameborder="0"></iframe> <a href="REPLACEME">Download [PDF]</a>
- Click ‘Add Media’
- If the newsletter has not been uploaded select the ‘Upload Files’ tab and then drag the “November-2017 Newsletter.pdf” file to where it says “Drop files anywhere to upload (or click ‘Select Files’ and navigate to the newsletter file). If the newsletter has already been uploaded, select it.
- Copy the URL field in the right sidebar.
- DO NOT CLICK ‘Insert into post’.
- Exit the Insert Media screen by clicking the ‘x’ in the upper right corner.
- Replace the REPLACEME text (2 places) with the URL copied in step 8.